Saturday 16 June 2012

All the "nice" things that come with those extra miles!!!

It's funny now I'm reaching the 8 to 9 miles stage in my training you start to become more and more aware of all those things which are never necessary in shorter runs.
That being that the real need to apply copious amounts of vaseline to avoid chaffing that occurs from these longer runs, to ensure "nipple protection" which is critical and extremely painful if not protected.
That's in addition to the need to continually hydrate and also to consume calories post run to ensure adequate    body recovery.
When I get to longer runs (in excess of 12 miles) I'm also going to afford myself the luxury of ice baths.
I tried it once after playing football and it really was amazing - very invigorating, I got out of the bath feeling like a new man!!
More of that to come.

Here's another bit of choice music - a track which I've always loved and always will!!

REM - Loving My Religion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ2yXWi0ppw

No comments:

Post a Comment