Friday 18 May 2012

Absorbing information!!!



As mentioned I'm trying to absorb as much information as possible in terms of building up my knowledge and understanding of the requirements of marathon running and the intense training that is required.
Fortunately (or unfortunately) when I do something I always want to do it properly and give 110% and this means in the preparation as well and the actual activity.
Thankfully there is loads of great information on the internet and I'm always  very keen to hear advice and experience from fellow marathon runners, so please share your thoughts and experiences with me on this blog.
I'm developing my training plan which I'll upload to the blog when finalised, it's just taking a little bit of final tuning (more of that later).
I've also been reading a fabulous book by Grete Waitz - the fabulous late and great Norwegian marathon runner.The link to the book is here;
 http://www.amazon.com/Run-Your-First-Marathon-Everything/dp/1602391203
It covers pretty much everything you need to know about prep for your first marathon and who better to inform you then someone who has been there and done it at the very elite level.
Sadly Great passed away last year after a 6 year battle with cancer.
She was most definitely one of the finest female marathon runners ever and was a significant figure in terms of bringing the popularity of female marathon running to the masses .More info is on the link below.
RIP Grete!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grete_Waitz

1 comment:

  1. Good luck & remember that vaseline is your best friend on those long runs - we're skint till we refinance our house once all the work is done - but will sponsor you in a few weeks time (shite builder permitting)

    ReplyDelete