Friday 11 May 2012

Welcome Runners!!!

Welcome to my new blog.
This blog will focus on my love of Sport, my current focus on running and how I intend to share my experiences starting as novice runner to training to run a marathon.
The blog will detail my journey, with the hope of sharing my experiences, enthusing others and also raising money for charity.
I aim to share best practice and knowledge of all the things I learn on my marathon journey and I will try to engage others to also share their experiences and knowledge as well.
I would welcome comments, interaction and advice.
I am by no means an expert although I have a strong sporting knowledge from my previous career as a Professional Footballer.
I will be known as The Running Man and will use this name for my future marathon conquests and interaction in this blog.
Importantly this blog is dedicated to raising money for my designated charity - Get Kids Going.
http://www.getkidsgoing.com/
It is a wonderful charity more details below
Get Kids Going! is a National charity which gives disabled children and young people - up to the age of 26 yrs - the wonderful opportunity of participating in sport. We provide them with specially built sports' wheelchairs so they can do: athletics, marathons, tennis, skiing, rugby, sailing, boccia, basketball, sledge hockey, table tennis, fencing, shooting, archery, powerlifting and many more sports. Get Kids Going! inspires British disabled youngsters to compete in sporting events, from start to paralympic level, by giving them 'sports grants' to help with their; training, physiotherapy, travel, competition fees, design and development of sports' wheelchairs etc. With your help many can become world record holders and paralympic champions


I look forward to interacting with you all in the future,

Very best regards, The Running Man

No comments:

Post a Comment